Friday, February 16, 2007

I heart three day weekends

Valentine's Day was great. Not wanting to brave the elements and crowds, I made a nice dinner of Acorn Squash stuffed with Rice and Lentil Pilaf with asparagus and a spinach and goat cheese salad (complete with bell pepper slices lovingly arranged in heart shapes) with a modified version of some Vegan Double Mochaccino Cupcakes for dessert. (And by modified I mean making them as personal cakes and adding pudding and chocolate sauce.) It was quite the success if I do say so myself.




Here is a very sad picture of the beautiful flowers from my Valentine. They were much prettier a few days ago. They have been making me smile all week. Thanks husband.



Last night we had a great time at the our friends the Low's house. We were Clarke-less for most of the evening but we've forgiven him for abandoning us to rub shoulders with the high rollers. We had a fun time getting to know the Garretts better and eating delicious veggie chili made by Anna, our dear Flexitarian friend. Sadly, I am new to this whole blog thing and didn't remember to take pictures with the camera sitting in my purse. Next time.



2 comments:

anna said...

What a lovely salad. Thanks for mentioning us on your blog, even if there isn't a picture.

Amberli said...

Whoa! That is an impressive dinner! I'm glad you had such a lovely V-day!

And don't worry, you'll get used to busting out your camera every photo-opp and non-photo-opp you encounter!