Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

For those of you who have never had the pleasure to visit our home, here's the view from our kitchen window:

And that's not zoomed in. As you can imagine, it can sometimes be a little noisy around here. We also have two somewhat busy roads in front and behind us, and a fire station just next door (which we surprisingly don't hear very often.) This evening we discovered a new addition to the transportation noises surrounding our house: planes. There have been airplanes flying over us every so often all evening. We don't live very far from the airport, so I imagine there were just flights routed this direction for some reason. Either that or we're about to be attacked. So if this is my last post ever, you know why.

I'm not complaining; I love how I really feel like I live in a city when an ambulance screams by or a train squeaks around the tracks, rattling the dishes in our sink. And just think about the exaggerated way we'll describe our first apartment to our kids and grand kids.

No comments: