Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Playing Catch-Up

I apologize for the infrequent blogging for the last few weeks. Life has been a little busy, but not in an interesting to blog about way. Logan has a week left in school so he has been scrambling to get all his work done for his many classes. I don’t know if it has sunk in yet for me that in a few weeks he will be graduating. Like for real. As in, the undergrad stage in our life is coming to a close and we’ll be moving on to the next step and that in only two years from now we’ll (hopefully) know where we will be living as real people with a real job. Maybe then it will finally sink in.

For the past couple weeks I’m become somewhat addicted to making cards. It stemmed from my sporadic obsession with scrap booking that I’m currently experiencing. So that’s how I’ve been spending my evenings on the nights that we don’t have any thing else going on. For some reason I love working with paper. I always have. When my sisters and I were young, we’d take out the F encyclopedia and open it up to the section on Flags where they had pictures of all the countries and state’s flags. We made TONS of flags out of construction paper. I don’t think we ever really did much with them, but we loved it. (It might be important to add here that we didn’t have a television so we had to get out kicks where we could.) There is something so clean and neat about paper that makes me prefer it to other mediums. And lets face it, it is WAY easier to cut out some paper and glue it on another piece of paper and produce something that looks nice, than it is to draw or paint something nice. So now I have a good size stack of cards just waiting for a reason to be sent.

I’ve also recently become hooked on making cupcakes. I got a new cookbook that I’ve been wishing for called “Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.” So for the last two weeks I have had visions of cupcakes filling my head. I tried to convince some people to have a Cinco de Mayo party on Friday pretty much just because I wanted to make the Coconut Lime cupcakes that are oh so pretty. (And I don’t even like coconut all that much.) All the recipes that I’ve tried have been pretty dang good, so I can’t wait to try the rest of them.

So that’s about all I’ve been doing: scrap booking, making cards, and baking cupcakes. Or looking at things online related to scrap booking, making cards, and baking cupcakes. Hopefully once Logan’s life calms down a bit we’ll have more time for adventures.

No comments: