Monday, September 24, 2007

"Half Vegetarian - On the Small Side"

Yesterday I received the following message from my seven year old brother who typically avoids talking on the phone like the plague:

“Today I ate a vegetarian pizza. I hope you’re happy… I’m also half vegetarian. Keep that a secret.”
I was able to talk to him later and he told me all about the various vegetables on the pizza and how good it was. He told me he was “half vegetarian- on the small side.” (He explained that that means that he’s still a carnivore, but is sometimes a vegetarian.) He talked to me for a while, then could hear Logan talking in the background and said “Is that Logan’s voice I hear?” I told him that it was indeed Logan, so he wanted to talk to him too. It was a nice treat from my favorite little dude.

5 comments:

Ammon said...

i'm going to start using 'on the small side' pretty much any time i can apply it in the conversation.

Lisa said...

that's pretty much the most adorable thing i've heard all week.

Lisa said...

p.s. why does the word verification have a handicapped symbol next to it? it makes me feel "special".

Mike and Dyami said...

I think I am a "Conscious Carnivore.” That’s what I’m calling the first phase in whatever phases you go through when changing from a flesh eating life style. This is where you KNOW what you’re eating and how weird and gross it can be sometimes, but you don’t change anything. It might be a lifelong phase for me that only goes to the extent of being a halfy “on the small side.” I think about what I am eating when I eat meat and it does get to me sometimes. There are a lot of types I could give up a little more easily and opt for something else, but then there’s stuff like bacon, pepperonis, or chicken nuggets that won’t be going away anytime soon or the convenience of not looking at labels to be sure things aren’t contaminated with animal stuff. Anything more than half-veg. has the potential of becoming source of marital strife; I don’t think vegetarianism could be a one-person thing in a marriage. I just wanted you to know that I’m not an insensitive meat eater.

marian said...

I think I am a Half Vegetarian as well. I love vegie pizza. And I have been on the "small side" for a very long time.