Monday, October 29, 2007

Go Sox!

On October 27, 2004 Logan was on an airplane headed to Utah to see me, missing Game Four of the World Series in which the Sox broke the curse and finally became World Champions. (Yes, he loved me THAT much, but still is a little bitter about the whole thing, understandably so.) The next day, Logan proposed to me and I (obviously) said yes. We should star in Fever Pitch II.

Fast forward to this year- the Sox win the World Series again, and we’re having a baby! I love this connection of our major life events and the success of the Sox. I’m thinking we need to honor this somehow. Papelbon Wangsgard? Maybe not. We’re open to suggestions.

4 comments:

Janet (Browning) Phillips said...

GO SOX!! Foster is a big Sox fan and really enjoyed this year's WS.
I'm thinking Daisuke Wangsgard...go international! hahaha! :o) Or Beckett Wangsgard...hmmm.
I'm so excited for you guys!

you should know who said...

Death to the Sox.

Jed said...

I was certainly disappointed that the Rockies didn't put up more of a fight. I guess that's what happens when you sweep the first two series in the playoffs and have to sit around for almost 10 days waiting to play again! If the Rockies had to lose, at least they lost to the Sox...

Anonymous said...

Go Sox! Yeah. I say you should name the baby Hadley in honor of the town in Massachusetts close to where the sox play.