Monday, December 3, 2007

I think we got the best one

This weekend we decided to brave the super super cold temperatures and get our Christmas Tree. Our first year we were married we got a tree at this same place and I convinced Logan that we needed a HUGE tree. (It was the first time I'd ever spent Christmas anywhere but with my family and I was trying my best to make it feel like Christmas, and Logan was being very patient with me and let me get whatever tree I wanted.) When we got it home and in our living room, I admitted that maybe it was a little on the large size...

Christmas Tree 2005- before the branches returned to their normal positions and it took over the entire room.


So this year, we scaled it back a bit and got a normal sized tree. It was fun tromping around in the cold choosing the perfect tree. I had to keep reminding myself that the trees are much smaller on the lot than they are in our living room...




In the end, we found a nice, reasonably tall tree that also happened to be organic! (We didn't even know until someone pointed out the tag on it. Aren't all trees organic?)


On Sunday evening we decorated the tree, and I think it turned out great.

It is so fun to have our house decorated and to come home to the smell of an (Organic!) Christmas Tree. When we were decorating, and I was hanging a some what fragile ornament on a low branch, I realized that next Christmas we will have a little boy who could be crawling around and pulling things off the tree. Which is a little crazy if you ask me.

5 comments:

Mike and Dyami said...

Looks great!! I'm really jealous that you have a real tree. Our little fake one looks appropriate for our old apartment but now it just looks wimpy and small. Maybe next year we'll get a real, and if we're lucky, organic tree.

Kelly said...

Hi Wangsgards,
You guys are so Christmassy and organic. Awesome. Come to California sometime and hang out with us.

Barry said...

Amelia and I happened to be in Somerville on Wednesday night and ended up driving right past your place. The tree in the window looks great. It was the only one on your entire block.

Amberli said...

haha, i love the title of this post. i always laugh when i title one of my posts with an HI McDonough quote and I figure you guys might be the only ones to catch it. you're tree looks great - so festive! yep, as i've been doing our decorating this year i've thought the same thing about next year i'll have to be careful to baby-proof everything. crazy. i'm so glad you felt the little guy move - how cool is that??? it only gets better and more crazy!

Kara Camille said...

I love your festive home and organic Christmas tree! I always think bigger is better too...