Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby Update: 26 Weeks


Over the weekend the baby decided to camp out on my right side directly below my ribs. I love feeling him move and everything, but must he jab me in the side with his bony little appendages? Obviously there are worse things in this world than an occasional fetus elbow to the rib cage, but it is surprisingly uncomfortable when it happens and just reminds me that I’m nearing the end of the gloriously comfortable days of the second trimester. This is great because it means I’m closer to being done, but not so great because I hear the end isn’t as much fun as the middle and I sort of like the middle.

Lately I have had several baby related dreams, ranging from somewhat boring to extremely strange. Last night I had a dream that we discovered that Logan was also pregnant, but he was due this week. He had this tiny little belly (smaller than mine) and my biggest concern was that we wouldn’t have a place for the second baby to sleep, not that somehow my husband was pregnant or how in the world we were going to handle 2 babies born 3 months apart. We were talking to someone about the coming arrival and I told them that Logan was a little worried about how he was going to deliver the baby, which is understandable. Oddly enough, as weird as that dream was, it wasn’t as weird at the dream from the night before where I discovered that my keys had stopped breathing (seriously) and I had to rush them to the Pediatrician. I was standing at the reception desk of the doctor’s office with my keys lying in my hand explaining to the nurse that I know it sounds crazy, but my keys have stopped breathing. It was very strange and I’m not quite sure what to make of it.

We got the paint for his room last week and I can’t wait to get it a little more cleared out and painted. The Home Depot paint guy looked at me like I was crazy when I told him the room is 8’ x 9’ and has 3 doors and 1 window. I’m pretty sure he thinks we are putting our baby in a hallway. I love the paint color and think it will look great with the pieces we already have, or will soon get, for the room. I can often be found sitting in my glider in the nursery just looking around picturing it all done. We're two thirds of the way there!

5 comments:

Janet said...

You look GREAT! I'm glad things are going well. Can't wait to see your baby boy! :o)

Amberli said...

oh yes the rib pain, no fun! but your belly is awesome! you look amazing and so happy! i had CAH-RAZY dreams when i was pregnant too. they say it's the hormones! just blame everythingon those silly hormones. so fun that your working on the nursery. i used to sit and imagine too, actually i still do but now i'm imaginging sitting, crawling, walking, talking - so many fun things to look forward to! i'm so happy for you (as if saying that the previous 1000 times hasn't been enough!)

Mike and Dyami said...

Katie you look really cute, I just want to pick you up as high, oh wait, you hate that, but really, you look pretty dang cute pregnant. You said you had some crazy dreams, no idea you meant that crazy. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Kate,
That was the funniest dream I have ever heard. I am sitting here are work and laughing so hard. Keep them coming!
-Liz

Camilla said...

So maybe I'm the worst sister ever, but should I know the name of this little guy?