On Saturday we attended our Childbirth Class. So now that I know everything there is to know about having a baby I’m TOTALLY ready. Just kidding. I honestly don’t feel any more ready than I did before the class. I learned a thing or two, but for the most part, it was stuff I already knew, or I felt like I could have figured out with a little common sense. Here are some highlights of the day:
- We were the youngest couple there and it made me glad Logan has a beard right now or everyone would have thought it was a teen pregnancy.
- I’m not sure we took it as seriously as all of our classmates. We spent a lot of the time laughing, so hopefully we’ll have as much fun during the real thing.
- Three of the nine pregnant women there were named Kate, and another was Anna Kathryn (pretty much my name flipped) which is a little bit ridiculous.
- We’re totally going to get Logan a tracksuit and whistle to wear during the birth, since they called the husbands “coach” the whole time. (This visualization did not help with the laughing fits I got when I was supposed to be pretending to have a baby.)
- It was a little hard to identify with the couple in the video since they each weighted more than Logan and I combined and were pretty weird. But over all the video wasn’t as horrible for Logan as we anticipated it might be. (I think he actually said that it was “pretty cool.”)
- I couldn’t remember my midwife’s last name, which was a little embarrassing when part of the introduction was to tell who your OB/Midwife is.
- My pregnancy hasn’t been nearly as miserable as the average woman- when we were discussing some of the discomforts of pregnancy and the instructor would ask if anyone hasn’t had each discomfort, I stopped raising my hand after a few times because I didn’t want everyone to hate me.
- We’re nowhere near as worried about having this baby as everyone else in the class was which made me feel good.
- I can totally do this.