Tuesday, March 25, 2008

“I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you"




I just wanted to make a (very late) birthday shout out to my dear husband who turned 27 on Saturday. I had every intention to plan something fun since I dropped the ball on our anniversary, but I didn't quite get there. The first several months of 2008 will forever be known in our house as a time of much ball dropping. So instead of planning something really fun, I forced him to spend his birthday painting the baby's room. He did a wonderful job and I couldn't be happier with the color. (Pictures to come soon, I swear) Logan claims to not care that much about holidays or birthdays, so says he doesn't care that I didn't plan a huge shindig for him, but I still feel bad. Logan is a wonderful husband, so I wish that I had done something to celebrate him. So, to honor Logan's 27 years, here are 27 things that I love about him. (I'll try to keep it from getting too sappy so you don't lose interest. Or your lunch.)

1. Even though he's been able to feel the baby move for months, he still gets super excited each time it happens.

2. His ability to make those around him feel at ease. There is something about him that makes people feel like they can tell him anything. And he is always receptive and sincerely listens.

3. His handiness. He can fix anything and knows how to do pretty much everything. He's great to have around.

4. He always takes the laundry downstairs for me because he knows I am scared of the basement.

5. As Marjorie Hinckley said: "You have always given me wings to fly, and I have loved you for it." I have never felt held back by Logan or that my opinions or feelings are any less important than his. I know that he truly feels like we are equal partners in this relationship, and I can't express enough how much I appreciate this.

6. He can make me laugh more than anyone else I know, and does everyday.

7. He'll watch lame television shows with me, and enjoy them just as much as I do.

8. He’s really, really ridiculously good looking.

9. He loves me more that anyone ever has or ever will.

10. His thick, curly hair. It gives me hope that our kids might have a chance of getting hair better than my wispy baby hair. And if not, at least I’ll have his curls to play with.

11. He always listens to me go on and on and on about things he probably could care less about when I get home each day.


12. He made my wedding bouquet- and even my cold, black heart can see that that's pretty romantic.

13. He still tells me I am beautiful, even with this massive tummy that just keeps getting bigger.

14. He comes from a wonderful family that I love like my own.

15. He's a sucker for little girls, which makes me know that even if he's scared out of his mind to one day have a girl, she'll be the biggest Daddy's Girl around. And that melts my heart just a little.

16. Over the course of our relationship, he's given me countless nicknames including, but not limited to: Wifey, Katherine "Spunk and Determination" Perkes, Tumnus, Frankenwifey, Cupcake, Coug. And each time he comes up with a new one, he says he's going to start calling me that from now on. He has enough random names for me that it seems a little weird when he calls me by my real name.

17. He’s very patient with my horrible DVR Fast Forwarding skills.

18. And my refusal to use the keyboard commands on his laptop. It may be faster, but how can anyone expect me to remember all those crazy button combinations?

19. He gets along great with my family, and really is like an older brother to my little brothers.

20. He’s wicked smart.

21. As ridiculous as I think it is, I have to admit he can grow a pretty mean mustache.




22. He’s a righteous dude.

23. He’s just as OCD as I am- we’ve spent WAY more time than is healthy contemplating the best possible way to arrange things like our games and our DVDs.

24. He built me a super cool craft closet.

25. He doesn’t complain the WHOLE time when I make us walk somewhere instead of riding bikes.

26. He just sent me a text message out of the blue that simply said "I love you."

27. I know he really means it.

4 comments:

anna said...

Happy Birthday Logan - we know #28 for next year will be that Logan is an amazing dad to little Sore.

Kate - I cannot believe you linked The Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance as lame shows - they're the best!

anna said...

Sore - n. Soren - my n sticks on my keyboard. Sorry. I need a new computer.

Kelly and Kimberly said...

Well aren't you guys just the cutest. Really, you are. I've always thought so. Happy Birthday Logan!

logan said...

Thanks for counting out all these things. It sure made my day. I really do love you, and mean it. You definitely make me a better person, and I appreciate your support and love.