Monday, March 17, 2008

"Love like yours will surely come my way- a-hey, a-hey-hey."

Saturday was our 3rd anniversary. Three years seems way longer than two- I sort of feel like we’ve graduated to the next bracket now that we’re another year away from the Newlywed Stage. Or it might be the child we’re going to have in 7 weeks that’s making me feel like this, who knows. For our anniversary last year, I wrote our “story”. If you need a refresher or are just really bored, you can read it here.

Being married to Logan is great. When I listen to other wives talk about their husbands, I am just amazed at how great Logan is compared to so many other husbands. Logan is so far from being the stereotypically oblivious husband that sometimes I forget how great I have it and don't appreciate him as much as I should. He is remarkably in tune to what I need- everything from handing me my glass of water when I am just thinking that I am thirsty to knowing that I need him to just spend some time with me when I received some scary news about my father, even when he has an insane amount of school work that he needs to do. This isn’t something that he has learned gradually over the last three years. He was like this when we were just starting to date. Sometimes it was a little bit scary how well he knew what was going on in my admittedly hard to understand head. In hindsight, when I compare our early relationship to any of the other relationships I have been in, I don’t understand why ever I put up with anything less. We always have so much fun together and he truly is my best friend. We have a very balanced and equal relationship, which I am so grateful for. I really couldn’t ask for a better match. I am so grateful for the events that led us together and for Logan’s patience in waiting for me to realize that I couldn’t live with out him.



Logan has an amazing amount of concern for my well-being. When we were dating, I was walking down the wooden stairs in my parent's house as I was heading out the door to go to church (where I was going to meet his parents for the first time) and I caught my heel on the edge of the stairs and took quite a tumble, creating massive bruises on my shins. That night, as he lovingly iced my battered legs, I was amazed at how concerned he was that I was hurt. He was much more worried about it than I was. It was one of the first moments where I was just struck by the love and concern I could see in his eyes, and knew that I had found someone pretty special. Luckily for me, I'm not the most graceful girl out there so I've had a few more times where I have been reminded of this sweet empathy he has for me.

The last three years have been terrific. The other night we were sort of lamenting the fact that we didn't get to do as much as we dreamed we would before starting a family, but I think the next year is going to be a great adventure. I can’t wait to have this little boy here with us. I know Logan is going to be an exceptional father. He has always been drawn to kids, and know that our children will be blessed by his natural ability to love them unconditionally. My only concern is that they will like him way more than they like me because he's just so much fun to be around. He already loves this little son of his and I can’t wait to see them together. I just know they are going to be quite the pair.

Happy Anniversary Logan. I love you.

2 comments:

Kara Camille said...

very sweet post! and Happy 3rd Anniversary! I have to admit you guys make a perfect pair.

logan said...

Thank you franken-wifey. I love you so very much. Thanks for putting into words such great feelings.