Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Update: Finally, an end in sight

Everything looked great at the ultrasound yesterday.  He has plenty of fluid around him and responded perfectly to the creepy buzzer thing they use to get him to move.  He looks as healthy as can be, if anything, a little TOO healthy- based on his measurements, they estimate that he weighs 8 lbs 14 oz.  Granted, these are just estimations and they could be off, but it is clear he quite large and in charge.  The good news is that he is perfectly healthy and in the perfect position to be born, just doesn't seem to want to come out yet.  

I had an appointment today and I haven't made any changes in the last two weeks, so they scheduled me for an induction first thing Tuesday morning.  I was hoping for a earlier date, but that's the soonest they can fit me in.  I guess the good thing about having a later date is that it gives me a few more days to have him on my own.  The bad news is that we have 5 more days of waiting and he has 5 more days to pack on the pounds.  I've felt pretty uncomfortable this afternoon, so maybe that means that something is happening, but who knows.  He seems like he'd stay in there forever if we let him.  

6 comments:

Janet said...

I can only imagine how ready you are to see him. How exciting! You are in my thoughts often, and I hope everything works out well with the delivery and recovery. Looking forward to seeing you holding your little baby boy!! :o)

DCS said...

Oh, no! I can't believe they won't induce you until Tues. I hope things get going before then so that hospital can't tell you they don't have room in the schedule. I can't imagine delivering a baby around 9 lbs. Is that healthy to just let him keep cooking. Too bad I'm not your doctor, Soren would have been here for a while already.

Camilla said...

For all the adoring readers of Kate's blog, you will be happy to know Soren is finally taking some action today, and Katie is in labor at the hospital.

Laura said...

sending positive thoughts your way! I keep checking the blog, hoping for some progress! So keep us filled in...

Ammon said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Janet said...

YAY!! Thanks for the update, Cami!