Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Update: Way longer than I had hoped...

I just got back from the Doctor and I haven't made one bit of progress in the last week so now we basically just have to wait and see what happens.  I have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday to take a peek at the little guy and see how he's doing and then an appointment on Thursday with my midwife to see what the deal is.   If I don't have him on my own before this weekend, they will probably induce either this weekend or Monday of next week.  It is pretty discouraging to have a whole week of no progress.  I'm hoping that he'll get moving on his own sooner than next weekend, but there's no telling.  I still feel good and am sleeping really well, but I'm just really anxious to meet him or even to have SOME progress to help me feel like I'm not going to be pregnant for the rest of my life.  

If anyone needs me I'll be at Porter Square, running up and down the stairs...

5 comments:

Anna said...

Kate, don't let the lack of "progress" psych you out. My doctor at the hospital told me that I was not dilated and then Ben was born within the hour, so anything can happen. I know it stinks waiting, but you are progressing whether your cervix knows it or not! And I'm a nurse so I can say cervix on a public blog. :) We're so excited for you...just hang in there and have fun on the stairs.

Lisa H. said...

sleep while you can...

Bonnie in Beantown said...

I have $5 down that you'll be pregnant forever! No spicy foods, walking or any other labor inducing activities, please.
j/k don't worry it will happen soon.

Kara Camille said...

Aww geez, little Soren is just trying the patience of his sweet mother. Hang in there. And thanks for keeping us updated.

NelsonFam said...

Oh man - I am watching your blog on a daily basis now. Good luck - i hope he decides to come sooner then later because he has an awesome room.