Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Found!

Yesterday, as I walked out the door to head to the Pediatrician's Office, I thought I'd check the mail to see if my new license had arrived to replace the one that I lost with my wallet a few weeks ago.  I found this envelope from the "Mail Recovery Unit".  Confused, I opened up and found...

My wallet!  The cash, gift cards and T pass were all gone, but my license, credit cards (which have already been replaced, obviously) library card (good to know someone's not out there checking out books under my name and not returning them) change (whoever took the rest obviously doesn't pay to do their laundry since there were several quarters- we all know how valuable those are) and most importantly, Soren's bit of hair!  I'm thinking someone found it and dropped it into a mail box and the post office sent it to me.  I also think it was run over because it was torn on one side and has lots of road-like imprints.  Unfortunately, I've already replaced everything, but it is nice to have the case solved and the sentimental things returned.

2 comments:

Dyami said...

When I first read "found it", I immediately thought that maybe after all this time your scrapbooks and journals were found. I guess they wouldn't all fit in one package- but maybe the people that mailed off your wallet will recognize you in the scrap books, maybe? At least you had better luck with the wallet.

Laura said...

So there are good people in the world today! Fun story...