Thursday, August 14, 2008

Separation Anxiety


This week we moved Soren into his room.  For the last three months, he's been sleeping in his Pod next to our bed.  We have been planning to make the switch since he was about a month and a half, but it was way too hot for him to not sleep with the AC and we only had the one in our room. We kept meaning to get another one, but never did.  It cooled down the last few nights, so I decided to take the plunge. I'm pretty sure it has been way harder on me than on Soren.  I have to fight the urge to double (or triple) check that the monitor is still working and if I wake up in the middle of the night and he's still asleep, it is hard not to go check on him.  It didn't help the situation when, on his first night alone, I woke up at 5:00 and realized the monitor was turned way down and he was crying.  It breaks my heart to think about how long he might have been crying and I didn't hear him. I'm hoping it will get better soon, since I'm not sleeping so great.  

On a positive note, he's started grabbing his toes, which is super cute.

3 comments:

Kara Camille said...

Soren is getting so big! He is such a cutie. I love all the pictures you guys took in the park. Good luck on moving him to his own room...I can only imagine, we haven't tried that yet. So, you'll have to give me some help when our time comes. Miss you guys.

anna said...

Good thing babies don't remember somethings :) I am sure you do so many wonderful things as a mom, he won't mind a few imperfections, anyway.

I just had to respond to your post on my blog: I never said the suburbs were all that fun, just a lot more quiet. I just don't miss all the car noise when we go for walks, or the car exhaust fumes for that matter. But I do miss all the fun stuff within walking distance. You kind of just have to walk to walk here, because there really isn't anywhere to walk to. I guess no place is perfect :) By the way, I am considering switching to cloth diapers. Who's all green now? Just kidding. Not about switching though, I really think I am going to.

Pappa Perkes said...

Wow! So nice to visit your blog! The initial picture of Katie and Soren in front of the wall is beautiful and dramatic! Katie [I will give you the credit this time], as we've told you before, you have real design and photography talent. You guys are totally a class act!

--Ken