Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Letters to Soren: Month Four



Dear Soren:


You are now 1/3 of a year old!  You’ve made all sorts of advances this month.  You’ve been sleeping in your own room, and seem to be enjoying it.  You sleep for 9 to 11 hours at a time which is spectacular- keep it up.  When I lay you down, you always turn over onto your left side with your legs at an angle, your thumb in your mouth and your other arm thrown across your face.  You must also be practicing gymnastics while you sleep because when I come get you in the morning you are never facing the direction I left you.  You always turn a full 180 degrees during the night.  It cracks me up. 


  


You’ve been rolling from your back to your side for a few weeks, but usually can’t get all the way over because your pesky arm gets in the way.  But the other day you suddenly rolled from your stomach to your back.  You seemed pretty surprised when it happened, but when we put you on your stomach again you did it a few more times.  We were pretty excited.


You put EVERYTHING in your mouth, and are almost constantly sucking on your hands.  Now that you're grabbing everything, I cut my hair short. So now instead of yanking it, you run your fingers through the back of my hair when I'm holding you on my hip.  I know you're just doing it because your hand is right there, but it always seems so sweet and tender.  


You are fascinated by the remote control and would love to play with it but we never let you.  I caved once when you were particularly grumpy and you loved it and managed to push the two button combination required to turn on the television.  I'm pretty sure you'll be way smarter than me in a few years- and then we'll be in trouble.




You’ve started smiling with your tongue sticking out to the left side.  We’re not sure where that came from, but it is pretty cute.  You’re laughing a little more often, but they are still a special treat that we really have to work for.  But when we do get a laugh out of you it is just about the sweetest thing.  I can't wait until hearing your little laugh becomes a regular part of our life. 


You're still in love with your Fuzzy Bee book and get this big goofy grin on your face whenever you see it, especially your favorite page with the ladybug.  



As your personality comes out more and more it just makes me so excited to see who you're going to be when you grow up.  Whenever I see things like dump trucks, trains, or dogs- things you'll find fascinating in a few short months- I just can't wait to share these things with you and see your excitement.  Even though I'm always relieved and exhausted when you finally go to sleep each night, spending my days with you is a joy.  


I know I’ve said this every month so far, but you are just getting more and more fun each week.  It is so exciting to me when you figure out something new like sticking out your tongue or discovering how fun your toes are.  It just fascinates me to watch you learn and develop while you figure out your little world.  I can’t wait to see what you’re going to learn this month. 

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

anna said...

I cannot believe how big Soren is getting! He is very, very cute. I love this idea of writing letters to him - that will be so fun to read someday. And great pictures - you have really developed those photography skills.

Thanks for the real live card. It was soo nice to get something in the mail that wasn't coupons.

Love, Anna

Kara Camille said...

Kate, he is too cute! I can't believe how big he's getting--and I can't believe those melt your heart smiles he gives...too fun!