Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Letters to Soren: Month Seven


Dear Soren:

This last month has blown by so quickly that it seems like you haven't really changed much since I last did this.  You are just getting more and more fun every day and we say almost everyday how much we can't believe how big you are getting.  You sit up like a champ now; I no longer have to put a pillow behind you for those frequent moments when you seemed to forget that you were sitting up and just throw your body backwards.  You still tip over every now and then, but you seem to have figured out how to fall in slow motion so you just topple over and go on about your merry way until you realize how much you hate being on your tummy and pitch a fit.  You can roll like crazy in your crib, but don't seem to have much of an interest in rolling when you're on the floor.  But right now you're at a perfect stage. You are independent enough to hang out on the floor with some toys but not mobile yet so I know you'll be right where I left you when I come back in the room.  I'm really excited for you to learn how to crawl, but I'm not looking forward to the end of life as we know it that will happen once you discover the excitement of the rest of the world beyond your blanket.


You are such a cute baby.  Seriously. I know I'm a little biased but we have it on good authority that you are cute.  People stop all the time to talk to you and tell me know beautiful you are and how much they love your big blue eyes.  I have to admit, I was hoping for a brown eyed boy, but I love that you have your dad's beautiful blues.  You're such a little flirt and you always love smiling at new people.  I'm hoping that you got your dad's genes and not mine when it some to shyness.  So far so good.  



This month my parents and brother Isaac came for Thanksgiving.  You had a great time and just loved all the extra attention.  One of the great things about Grandmas is that they have done this all before.  When my mom was here, she taught you how to wave.  I had no idea you could wave this early, but she waved at you a few times and you waved right back.  You're still a little iffy with it, and obviously haven't quite figured out context of when you should wave, but it is still pretty cool that you're started to get things.  You are figuring out so much each day and every time you do something new it just makes me so proud.  


At Thanksgiving dinner with my family, I was brought to tears when it was my turn to say what I was thankful for this year.  This last year our life has changed so much that it is hard to remember what it was like before.  You have made our life so fun.  You are such a joy and both your dad and I love you more than we ever thought possible.  We often find ourselves looking at all your pictures on the computer after you've gone to bed.  And the few times we have left you behind to go out, we spend most of our time alone talking about how cool you are.  The other day I realized that I am WAY more excited for all our friends and family who we will see at Christmas to meet you than I am for Christmas itself.  Not many people can say they are more exciting than Christmas, but that's just how cool you are.  

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

anna said...

Those pictures are so darling. He is very cute! Maybe in a lot of years we'll send him Audrey's picture :) Kate - shy? no. I thought Logan was the shy one in the family :)

Have a wonderful Christmas showing that sweet kid off.

Linda said...

I am also biased, but I have to agree that he is a remarkably cute baby and has a charming disposition to match.