Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving up in Maine. My parents and youngest brother came from Mississippi and we spent the holiday with our aunts, uncles and cousins from New Hampshire and Maine. I have spent countless Thanksgivings with the Perkes and the Hawkes over the years and they all have been memorable. Despite not eating the major player of the meal, I love Thanksgiving because of all the magical memories I have from Thanksgivings spent with my family.

My dad and I spent the day before cooking. Growing up I was always my Dad's Thanksgiving helper, so it was great to shop and cook with him just like old times, and the inside of my oven is covered with the chestnut shrapnel to show for it.

The beautiful table- a Thanksgiving essential in my opinion.

Each family member prepared a dish that meant something to them. I made these roasted vegetable filled cornucopias that I made for our first Thanksgiving when Logan and I had our own little dinner with just the two of us. They were well received and turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself.

Logan made Pond Scum- a Wangsgard Family Thanksgiving tradition. The only time of the year that Logan will eat Jell-O.


Logan reading a book to Soren and our adorable cousin Mason. I predict that Mason will be teaching Soren mischief of one kind and another in a few years.

3 comments:

logan said...

Well, I didn't actually make the Pond Scum. Thanks for bailing me out, you could've mentioned that in the post. [to be clear, I am not referring to what some call 'the mail']

Alia! said...

what the heck is pond scum?! please tell me about this majestic bowl of sludge in more detail.

katie, your cornucopias are beautiful!

Kate Wangsgard said...

Alia: Pond Scum is lime Jell-O, cream cheese, pears and cool whip all pureed into sludgy goodness.