Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Letters to Soren: Month Nine


Dear Soren:

You have now been outside of me as long as you’ve been inside of me. Way to go. This month has been a fun one for you. You’ve successfully grown all eight of your first teeth which is quite a feat by nine months. You are also scooting around much more, but still not crawling. You are scooting further and further each day; we’ll see if you ever realize that it isn’t the most efficient way to get around and actually crawl. You’ve figured out how to pull yourself to standing and love to stand up along furniture and you’re getting more confident and steady each time. I keep expecting you to just let go one of these days and take off.


You’ve picked up lots of new tricks. My personal favorite is blowing kisses. It is really cute and something that we just taught you instead of something that you randomly did that we encouraged. You’ve also started to enjoy giving me real kisses, which is sweet in theory but they are more like bites and less like kisses and hurt. Hopefully you’ll figure out how to kiss without inflicting so much pain because it is really sweet when you want to kiss me.


You’ve really kicked the babbling up a notch lately and you even seem to say things deliberately. You are pretty consistent with Mama and Dada and have recently picked up Bye-bye (accompanied by a wave) when people leave. You are pretty much constantly babbling, buy it is especially cute when you wake up in the morning. It makes the mornings a little more manageable when we get to lie there and listen to you jabber away for a good thirty minutes before you decide that you’re ready to get up. You make the funniest noises and I love hearing your little voice over the monitor. I always thought video baby monitors were major overkill, but most mornings I wish I could see what you’re doing as you talk away and roll around.



I know all parents love their babies and think they are the best, but I just can’t get enough of you. When I pick you up I just need to squeeze you and give you kisses and tell you that I love you because I just love you so much I can’t stand it. I love it when I’ve given you a bath and my hands still smell like your lotion and I can’t help but keep smelling them once you’re in bed. I love when you get so excited when I come in to get you out of your crib and you scurry over to the side to reach through the bars and grab me. There are times when I wish I could just stop time so I won't ever forget all the little things you do each day, but you're growing up so fast and I am so excited to see what you do next.

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Steve Ballmer said...

Very nice pictures and blog!

Camilla said...

Soren looks kind of pissed that you interrupted his bath time for a picture. But it was worth it- it's my new desktop background.