Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Now if only I can find some spunky clothing

I'm seriously considering flying to California in April to visit my sister Amy, but am a little weary of flying all the way across the country alone with an increasingly squirmy Soren. I was googling tips on flying with babies and came across this gem of advice which totally sealed the deal for me:
Wear spunky clothes and dark glasses so that other passengers think you are someone famous enjoying quality time with your kids.
Do they think your fellow passengers will be too distracted by trying to figure out who that famous mom is slumming it in coach to be annoyed by your kids?  Or just that they will think "Bless her heart.  That famous lady is bravely traveling without The Help. Lets cut her some slack." Regardless of what they mean, I'm totally doing it.  

3 comments:

Camilla said...

Sunday April 12th through Wednesday the 15th sound OK? Flights from SLC to San Luis are cheap, so I want to book mine tomorrow if the dates work for everybody.

You should definitely go. Keep Soren up past his bedtime the night before.

Anonymous said...

Sisters day for the Perkes girls! What fun. Soren will be fine. Everyone will think he is the cutest baby alive! Have a blast. Nana

corey said...

I think you could pull it off, Kate. Also, once you enter the plane, announce "No autographs, please! I'm just trying to spend some time with my child." You'll just hear the cell phone cameras snapping. Better blog about it.