Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yes, I love technology, but not as much as you, you see

Picture 2

Let me preface this by saying that I know I live in a big city where amazing food is just a phone call away and I shouldn't spend more money for food that is no where near as good, blah blah blah. However, do any of those places have the awesomeness that is the Domino's Pizza Tracker (Patent Pending)? I can order a pizza online (avoiding one of my least favorite things- a phone call) and then sit and watch the progress of my pizza. I can see when Rafeal put my order in the oven at 7:20 and when the Delivery Expert, Rachid left the store with my order at 7:33. The only down side is that I did have to interact with a real person for a few seconds when Rachid brought my pizza to me, but it was relatively painless. We may not have flying cars yet, but I'll settle for the Pizza Tracker.

PS: I didn't make up those names. And I only order pizza from Dominos like twice a year. And always regret it. The Pizza Tracker just keeps me coming back for more.

2 comments:

Barry said...

I noticed that Dining In has a similar feature now too (but not as detailed). It's so awesome. Once, I noticed our delivery was running late, so I called and we got 20% off our order from Kashmir. Fond memories.

Cagney and Laci said...

I actually saw on the news that MIT grads have invented a flying car. Just an FYI, but I never knew about this pizza tracker, so cool. C hates Dominoes so that is probably why I am missing out on this cool stuff!