Wednesday, April 1, 2009

California Here We Come

A week from now Soren and I will be nearing the end of our flight to California to have a Perkes Sisters Reunion.  I have been stockpiling interesting new books and toys to entertain Soren for the seven hour flight and making a note of which of his current toys seem to keep him occupied the longest.  I'm still a little worried that it will be a miserable experience.  I've flown with him three times, and he's done great every time, but now he's so much more wiggly and spends his day crawling around the house so seven hours of sitting on my lap might be torturous for everyone involved.  So do any of you well traveled parents have any tips? Other than a spoonful of Benadryl.   I'm pretty much just counting on Soren and me being charming enough that no one will mind the screaming.  From either one of us. 

2 comments:

Cagney and Laci said...

Just have him do his cute tricks to the people you sit next to and then they wont care about the rest of the flight because they will be instantly in love with him.

J I L L A I R E said...

When I told our AZ pediatrician we were moving to the UK, he had just returned from a European flight with his toddller. His advice: lollipops. He advocated candy bribery. We opted for fruit snacks over suckers. Adah was nearly 2.

When I took Adah on a flight when she was about Soren's age, I remember standing up in the aisle as soon as the seatbelt light went off and trying to rock her to sleep. She wasn't too obnoxiously loud, just fussy, and everyone looked at me very sympathetically--in a kind way. They didn't seem too annoyed.