Monday, June 22, 2009

Dear Logan:


Happy Fathers Day! You're such a great dad and Soren loves you so, so much, despite what his current total attachment to me may make it seem. (Who can blame him?) Soren is lucky to have you as a father and I will forever be grateful that you let me convince you to have a baby before you thought you were ready. I always knew you'd be a patient, fun and understanding father (as long as we don't get any obnoxious teenage daughters) and you've exceeded my expectations.


I love seeing you interact with Soren. There's not much that warms my cold, black heart more than seeing the two of you cuddled up on the couch watching soccer and eating cookies or hearing the full belly laughs you can get get out of him better than anyone else. He adores you and because of that I adore you even more than I thought possible.


Thanks for helping create such an incredible little boy. We both love you and appreciate all you do so that I can sit at home all day and watch Oprah while eating Dark Chocolate Covered Joe Joes.

xoxo,

Wifey

PS: Today Soren tried finger painting for the first time. I'm not sure he's quite ready. Or, I guess I'm not sure I'm quite ready for the clean up involved to make finger painting a regular activity. But he loved it and loved the bath he got to take afterwards. Good thing the paint is non-toxic since he covered his face with his freshly painted picture and stuck his fingers in his mouth a few times.

3 comments:

logan said...

Thanks Wifey, and Soren. I love you both. And I love that I didn't have to deal with the clean up, but still get to enjoy these rad pictures.

Ken and Jen Perkes said...

Katie and Logan:

It was fun to come back from vacation and catch up on your lives. You have the cooliest blog! I am absolutely envious of all your great vegetables! And I have to say that the bottom picture of Soren is just so cute. It is a classic!

Hugs!

--Ken

Linda said...

Soren is adorable, as usual. I too love that last photo. Missing you!