Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recipes: Sweet Gingery Tofu

Lest you think I only make cakes, I thought I'd share a super quick and tasty recipe I made the other day. I got it from a blog I stumbled across by a woman who makes yummy and healthy recipes for babies and kids. I've made a few of her recipes and they have all been really good. Most of them are things that both kids and adults will enjoy. For this, I sprinkled red pepper flakes on half of them before baking, but I think they would be just as good without. Soren ate the (not peppered) leftovers the next day and loved it. I don't think I made any changes to her recipe, so here it is:

Sweet Gingery Tofu

1 Pound of Firm or Extra Firm Tofu, pressed
1/4 Cup Mirin
1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Ginger, minced
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Garlic, minced
Sesame Seeds, for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the tofu in a clean dish towel and weigh down for 10 minutes to remove excess water. Cut tofu into even 1/2 inch slices. Mix the remaining ingredients in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Mix tofu into marinade and bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve with rice and a vegetable.

1 comment:

Alia! said...

DELICIOUS! I will try and make this sooooooon.