Friday, January 15, 2010

Come On Folks

Warning: Contains references to poop and may be offensive to dog owners. Reader discretion is advised.

Is there some reason why dog owners don't pick up dog poop when in is in the snow? Is it more difficult for some reason? It seems like if anything, it would be much easier since you can spot it so well. Do they think it is going to just melt away with the snow? Is there a winter exemption to the pick up after your dog law? Are they hoping that it will snow again soon and cover it all up? Are my neighbors just particularly bad and this isn't a problem other places? I feel like seeing yellow snow every 3 feet along the sidewalk is bad enough, but I know there's nothing they can do about that. However, poop is a whole different story. It seems like everywhere I look there are piles of dog poop in the snow. As a mom of a kid who likes to play in the snow I find this particularly unnerving and disgusting. I was actually with a friend the other day when her son picked up a huge piece of dog poop out of the snow when he wanted to make a snow ball. It is gross and it needs to stop. If there's something I don't know that is preventing dog owners from picking up the poop in the winter, please enlighten me.

Don't get me started on the neighbor who chews boat loads of red gum and spits it onto the sidewalk. One day I'll figure out who the gum chewing culprit is...

6 comments:

Rich and Leslie...and JOnas said...

So there was this one time I was dog-sitting McDuff, and he pooped so many times I ran out of bags...

Kate Wangsgard said...

Leslie: I have a hard time believing all the dogs in my neighborhood are suddenly pooping way more than their owners anticipate.

Dyami said...

How do people not think it so gross to be the reason there's yellow snow or come summer the yellow patches of grass that should be green but are dead because of all the stinking dogs around here. And then there's the lady bellow me that lets her dog out on the balcony and it barks all stinking day- and I can here it barking from inside her house too. It often wakes June and me up early. I want to through grapes and chocolate down for it to eat and die. Seriously, what makes it so worth having a pet? I am NOT a pet person and all these people that are careless with their pets are solidifying that for me.
Maybe I loose a little of my rationality, but I'm right there with you! Where's the common courtesy anymore?

Cagney and Laci said...

Okay, lets just say, there are some responsible dog owners (hmmm...like the Gentrys) who ALWAYS pick up after their dog. But is lazy frickin' dog owners that give all dog owners a bad rap. I HATE those lazy dog owners as well. I don't want to be steppin' in poo, ever, so I agree, if you cant pick after your dog don't have one!

gumpin said...

Chewing gum? It's an invention of the devil.

J I L L A I R E said...

You should try living in the Gorge or the UK where there are dogs everywhere and people are seriously nutty about them and can't understand why you're not.