Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad: I'm sorry I threw tantrums until I was like 14.

Soren turns two in less than a month. Unbelievable, right? Well, here's proof:


He screamed for almost an hour yesterday. I don't even remember what set him off. I think it was because when we got home from Toddler Time and I got him out of the bike trailer he thought we were going to the park, not home so he threw himself on the ground. I carried him upstairs and the screaming continued. It got so bad that Logan took him outside in the backyard to see if that would help. I could hear the screaming through our brand new double-pane windows. Two floors up. It was bad enough that our very sweet upstairs neighbor came down to see if he was okay. Anyone know how to say "temper tantrum" in Italian? I'm pretty sure she thinks there is something wrong with him.

PS: I know it makes me seem like a horrible, inconsiderate mother for taking his picture when he was like this, but I figure we needed to document the good and the bad. And if you talk to him or touch him when he's in the midst of a tantrum he gets even more mad, so I didn't have much to do other than take his picture.

6 comments:

Terese said...

I love this picture! Soren is going to look back at that and crack up! The terrible twos always start early in my house. Grrr. It's cute to see another side of Soren though. Oh the drama.

anna said...

That picture is awesome! Where does he get that attitude from? Maybe Katie perkes - rumor has it she was just a little more sassy than Kate wangsgaard. Just kidding. Audrey is our screamer - she gets it from Clarke :)

Amy said...

Yes, after 14 years of asking mom why you threw temper tantrums, and her saying "it's just a stage" EVERY time for 14 years, and me rolling my eyes, I was quite shocked that it really truly was a stage. I just didn't know there were 14 year long stages. You really did turn into such an even tempered amazing person that I love!! I really hope for your sake, Soren's is a more reasonable length stage. If it makes you feel better, our little Carter doesn't throw tantrums, instead he hurts Ethan (whether it involved Ethan or not).

Aubrey said...

I love that you documented this. I'm sure Charlotte will follow this same path soon - oh the joys!

Gwen said...

this confirms my decision not to have children. ;)

Linda Perkes said...

Your helpfulness after 14 made up for the tantrums : ) Soren will grow out of it as well. Hopefully sooner than you did since he doesn't have siblings to reel into the mix.
Somehow he is cute even when he is screaming--at least in photos. It probably doesn't seem very cute at the time. . .