Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let's Just Get These Bad Boys Up



I've been putting this off for a couple weeks and now I feel like I need to make it worth the wait, but really don't have much in me so I'm just going to throw all these pictures up. The reunion was great. We had a wonderful time. One of the many fun things we did was the climbing wall. Here are some super flattering climbing harness shots:



Logan was the star of the wall and got all the way up to the top, having not climbed in years. He rang that bell even though he had just stuck his hand in a big mound of fresh bird poop when reaching for a hold. Now that's dedication. My brother Isaac was also a great climber:



I was sad that my sister Amy couldn't come to the reunion (she'd just had a baby) but the plus side of her absence was that Soren got my parent's undivided attention as the lone grandchild and he loved every minute of it. Here he is feeding the fish/himself some corn with my mom.


Here he is with my dad, getting ready to get in the boat. I was worried he'd freak out about the life jacket, but I think the novelty of getting in the boat distracted him enough that he was okay with it. He loved sitting in the boat and watching for frogs and looked super cute, not surprisingly.




The ranch had a pool and Soren did much better than he did when we tried to go swimming a year ago and he was scared out of his mind. He was a little timid but quickly realized how fun it was and loved it. Here's Soren and me with our matching farmer's tans (H-O-T)

Do boys come programmed to love to throw any size rocks into any size body of water? I remember both my brothers doing this for hours and seriously, I think Soren would do it all day if I let him. Here he is at my grandparent's house, sizing up the rock selection.


Here's Soren following my dad out to see the horse at my grandpa's farm.



We had a great time in Utah. (But despite the worries of our friends at home, we did not decide to move there.) It was so good to see lots of family and friends. Lets do it again some time.

2 comments:

anna said...

wow those are awesome farmer's tans. Soren is such a little boy now! He is so cute. It looks like you guys had a great trip.

Amy said...

What?! There's a horse at the grandparents? They were holding out on me in April. Also, I am never EVER tempted to move to Utah when I visit. Especially when it is snowing after Easter...It's fun to see these pictures. I wish my boys could have thrown rocks with Soren. Thanksgiving maybe? We have a big rock and a big body of water.