Friday, July 9, 2010

Bonjour Happy Lion


Last week Soren and I went to the zoo. It isn't the best zoo I've been to, but it doesn't take mcuh to impress Soren. He was just as (or maybe more) excited about the chickens as he was about the zebras. I think the exotic appeal of non-native animals is sort of lost on toddlers. He did, however, get really excited about all the "robots" at the zoo:


Those were probably his favorite part of the zoo. Here he is seeing how he measures up:


I was a little nervous to go in here:


But luckily no one seemed to have the ability to speak Parseltongue so there were no disasters in the snake house. (Side note: when googling Parseltongue to see how to spell it, I found this website. So random that "sausage" is the default word to be translated.)


Soren was also pretty excited that the giraffes were eating out of what he decided was a basketball hoop.


I'm pretty sure Soren enjoyed the pet store down the street almost as much so I'm not sure we'll be making the trek out to the zoo again anytime soon. But overall, not a bad way to spend a morning.

No comments: