Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh, I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

When I was going to bed on Sunday night I realized that the last six meals I'd eaten had been with friends. Which is pretty incredible and got me thinking about how much we appreciate our family of friends here. It is not uncommon for Soren to be off playing with one or two of our friends while we're hanging out. I love that he has more than a dozen pseudo-parents that he loves and trusts and that I'm pretty sure love him right back. There's not much that makes me feel loved more than spending the evening cooking a delicious meal with friends while my son sits on the couch reading books with other friends. We've had a rough few months and the support we feel from friends (and family) is helping us keep our heads above the water. Thanks for loving us.

2 comments:

Marian said...

I am so happy you have such a good support system with all your friends. We love you too, can't say how much. We just do it from far away. :)m

mrs. everything said...

We love you guys so much! I also love it when we have dinner together. Maybe we should do it more often?