Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's a Cruel Cruel Summer, Leaving Me Here On My Own

Logan's starting a job today, thus ending the summer of double parenting.

So far Soren and I have:
watched Arthur
had breakfast
played with some animal flash cards
watched Sesame Street
had second breakfast
wrestled
had a tickle fight
built a fort with the couch cushions
danced in the kitchen
did Playdough (AKA "mash it")
tried finger painting (Soren saw that as a form of torture- the kid HATES having stuff on his hands)
switched to less traumatic regular painting
and now we're watching more Sesame Street

I can't believe it is only 10:00. How did I do this by myself everyday for two years?

5 comments:

anna said...

hooray for Logan starting a job! But sorry you are back to being home alone during the day. That is quite the list of activities. My kids are lucky to get breakfast by 10 :) Just kidding. But we definitely don't do that much in a day. And we definitely never finger paint - too messy. I am with Soren - I don't like stuff on my kids' hands either.

Kate Wangsgard said...

Anna: The job is a temp job for a month and a half but we're hopeful that it will turn permanent. I'm planning to bribe them with treats and send Soren in to ask them if it is Eating Day.

This was an unusually active morning for Soren. He woke up earlier than usual and I think is equally shell shocked that we've been left to our own devices.

Lisa H. said...

yay - so happy for logan and hoping this turns into something permanent!

gumpin said...

Sounds like what goes on here now that Nana (Marian) has retired and is home every day.

J I L L A I R E said...

I'm laughing out loud over "eating day" and Gumpin's comment. Very funny, Dad.

That also sounds like more than my kids get to do in a day. Play Doh and painting in a single day? Gunnar would be in heaven. Now that his playmates have gone to school, though...that could be in his future.