Monday, October 25, 2010

3rd Annual Donigard Halloween Party: The Costumes

Blogger's been giving me issues- sorry it has taken me a few days to get these posted. I know people have been anxious to see the photos. In an effort to keep the people happy, I'll get the pictures of the costumes up now while I can and then do another post with some candid shots and pictures of the decorations and such later.

We had our annual Halloween Party this weekend and I think it may have been our best one yet. The costumes blew me away. It was pretty incredible. The level of commitment (or maybe just competition?) warms my heart. We had people shaving and growing beards, cutting hair and crafting some of the most impressive costumes I've ever seen. Everyone stepped it up so much that we changed our usual category of "Lamest Attempt at a Costume" to "Most Improved" since no one did anything lame enough to mock. Here they are, though the pictures never really do them justice. I've noted the award winners but (as cheesy as it sounds) I wish everyone could have won something since all the costumes were awesome.




BEST IN SHOW
Mario, Luigi and Toad
(Bonnie, Patrick & Owen)

RUNNER-UP BEST IN SHOW
Chilean Miners
(Jhordan & Shawn)

BEST COUPLE COSTUME
Captain Hook & Peter Pan (plus a little pirate before he was sent off to bed)
(Logan & Kate)

BEST CHARACTER REPRESENTATION
Aang & Katara from "Avatar: The Last Airbender"
(Andrew & Gwen)

MOST CREATIVE COSTUME
Jellyfish
(Sharon & Seth)
You can't tell in the photos because of the flash but the jelly fish had lights and looked AMAZING

SCARIEST COSTUME
Insane Clown Posse
(Courtney & Quinn)

MOST FITTING COSTUME
Adam & Eve
(Adam & Marci)

FUNNIEST COSTUME
Lisa & Dan
(Dan & Lisa)

MOST OBSCURE COSTUME
Princess Bubblegum & Finn from "Adventure Time"
(Amelia & Barry)

MOST IMPROVED
Captain Ahab & Moby-Dick
(Max & Elizabeth)


JUDGES PICK
Pac Man & Ghost
(Aubrey & Stuart)


Napoleon Dynamite & Christine O'Donnell
(Clark & Melissa)


ipod Ad
(Gwen)


Mondo from Project Runway
(Rhonda)


Knives Chau & Todd Ingram from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
(Eunice & Peter)


Ramona Flowers & Scott Pilgrim from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
(Marina & Christian)


The whole Scott Pilgrim cast



Double Rainbow
(Lyndsay)


Brand & Data from "The Goonies"
(Whitney & Josh)


iphone & ipad
(Tina & Dan)

See what I mean? The last two years were nothing compared to this one. I don't know how anyone's going to top this. Stay tuned for more photos of the party.

5 comments:

Lisa H. said...

best party ever! thanks donigards!

J. B. Sorensen said...

Kate, thanks for posting these photos. I hope you don't mind, but I am now going to steal ours and post it on my blog as well. (I'll be sure to credit the photographer.) As always, you and the Donigans throw one mean Halloween party. I always appreciate the attention to detail. Thanks again for a great time.

anna said...

YES!!! We wait every year for these pictures.

These are really awesome costumes. We agree Dan and Lisa's is the funniest. Clarke and I laughed really hard at their costumes. And we are super impressed by Logan's Captain Hook costume - quite elaborate. And our kids might have asked four thousand times to see the "Peter Pan" one again. I love Shawn and Jhordan's also. Hilarious in a slightly inappropriate way.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Always a pleasure to see them.

betty said...

If Max and I keep on our current trajectory I think you'll know who's taking "Best In Show" next year.

Terese said...

Such great costumes! I love it! So bummed to have missed.