Monday, November 15, 2010

Live Free or Die Baby!


We spent the weekend in New Hampshire with friends. Three days of nothing but delicious food, playing lots of games and lounging about by the indoor pool with 8 of our closest friends. Not a bad way to spend a weekend.

We got a great deal at a resort because it clearly was the lull between the fall colors and the ski season. There was no one else around, it was a little erie. It wasn't until about 36 hours into our stay that I finally saw another guest. I kept expecting to hear some horror story about the hotel being haunted and so no one dares stay there anymore. The hotel staff even seemed a little confused by our being there. They were overheard chatting about what we were doing there and how we were just kids, but that some of us HAD kids. I think we blew their mind. Needless to say, we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

One of my favorite moments of the trip was watching all the men try to launch Lisa in the pool. It looked like a strange blessing or baptism. I opted not to post those photos but it was awesome. Trust me.

On Saturday night we went to a restaurant that had a famous Mac & Cheese pizza. It wasn't the most amazing thing I've ever eaten, but it was strangely good.


Here's one of the many times Soren was being entertained by one of our friends. I was loving the 5:1 adult to kid ratio. That's a parenting method I can get behind.

While on our "nature walk" we spotted this painted on the bank of a river. You can't really read it in the photo, but it says "Don't Mass-up NH".


We had such a good time. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure we all still like each other. Which is quite a feat. Thanks for the wonderful time friends. And thanks to New Hampshire for letting us come over and Mass-up your lovely state.

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

thanks for not posting pictures of my fat rolls. i appreciate that.

such a great trip!