Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Too Many Secrets

Soren has become a little fascinated with the mystical concept of "secrets." I'm pretty sure it all started when our friend Barry told us a story about telling his sister-in-law that they kept secrets in the large trunk they use as a coffee table. (Thanks Barry.) Ever since then Soren has had it in his head that there are secrets in closets, cupboards, dark rooms, etc. He will point to a closet and ask if there are secrets in there and once told Bonnie not to put things in the trunk of her car since there were "secrets that will hurt you in there." (That was a little alarming...) But none of these funny instances have been as good as what he said in church yesterday when he was looking at this well known picture of Jesus which was printed on the front of the program. Keep in mind that this was during church so he was whispering, making it much more dramatic.


"No Jesus! Don't knock on the door! No Jesus! Don't go in there! No! Don't open it Jesus! There are secrets in there!"

I'll never look at this picture the same again.

10 comments:

Lisa H. said...

that is amazing. UH-MAY-ZING.

Gwen said...

literally laughing my butt of at work!! soren is sooo funny! you should tell him the story of the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe!

Camilla said...

Baaaaahahahahaha!!!!! I am going to read this post any time I need to smile until my face hurts.

Barry said...

That's me, contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Hopefully he knows that there are good secrets as well as bad secrets. (Like secret sauce!) Also, I don't know if you noticed, but in the picture, there is no handle on that door. Jesus is knocking, but the secrets have to let him in.

Spencer said...

this is great!

Bonnie said...

haha I love it. Soren is so funny these days. AND Barry has added a whole new level of creepiness: "The secrets have to let him in". Just say that out loud. Say it in a whisper.

Maybe you should keep Barry away from Soren for a year or two...

Linda Perkes said...

Such a funny and interesting little guy. Maybe Christmas will help him get the "good secrets" idea as he opens all those secrets hiding in boxes : )

Amy said...

I just read this the third time (to read it to boys and then Dylan) and laughed enough that I got teary eyed. This is so great. I am excited to hear little Sorenisms in person.

Luisa said...

Never thought that that little boy could get any cuter!!!

Marian said...

I'm joining the Soren fan club too. He is a pretty normal Wangsgard. And the Perkes part of him makes him that much funnier!