Monday, December 6, 2010

How I Spent My 27th Birthday:

Went on a hike with my siblings and dad while my sweet mother watched all the grandsons.

Didn't die while taking this picture, although it was touch and go there for a minute while I was on my side and upside down on the edge of a cliff trying to get the timer set on the camera. I think my Dad almost had a heart attack watching me.

Went and saw tons of elephant seals that Soren thought were really cool despite being FREEZING cold and refusing to look at the camera.



Walked around on a beautiful beach with my family.




Decided 27 is NOT too old to jump rope with sea kelp.
.



Had a delicious raspberry cheesecake.


Not pictured, the delicious berry pancakes Amy made for breakfast, the nap I took, the really delicious Mexican food we got for dinner, and my husband flying in at midnight to complete the perfect day.

4 comments:

Amy said...

So, I want many of these pictures, and probably others that are not on here. If I pull them off of your blog, are they at full printing capacity, or were you planning on emailing some to me?

PS I really love that last picture, and cute little excited about his momma's birthday face.

eunice said...

what a lovely day and a beautiful family. you deserve them, kate!

Marian said...

I don't remember why, but I remember 27 being one of my favorite years. Enjoy.

Amberli said...

happy birthday. i'm glad it was happy!