Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010 Recap

Since today is the last day one can officially talk about Christmas and Soren is currently occupied with eating the entire head of horse shaped shortbread (Thanks Amelia!) I figured I ought to sum up our wonderful Christmas. We stayed home again this year and enjoyed several low key and lovely days as a family. Here are some of my favorite moments:

  • Our Christmas Eve Eve dinner with friends. I made Corn Chowder, a Perkes family tradition and we sat and ate and talked and laughed. I made one of the best desserts I've ever made and remembered that anything tastes better when eaten out of a ramekin.
  • The perfectly fluffy and delicious pancakes I made for Christmas Eve Dinner. A Christmas Miracle indeed. And feeling totally fine that they were from a mix.
  • Watching The Nativity movie with Soren on Christmas Eve. We were explaining that Jesus' mom and dad were looking for a place to sleep and he said that Jesus should come sleep at our house since it is nice and warm.
  • Also while watching The Nativity, Soren asked, "Oh, is she going to hatch?" when I told him that Mary was about to have a baby.
  • Finally being able to say "yes" to Soren when he asked for the umpteenth time "Is TODAY Christmas?" when I went in to get him on Christmas morning.
  • Soren saying "Another airplane?!?! That's lucky!" when he opened the 4th airplane from his Uncle Pete.
  • Our delicious Christmas Dinner of tamales with friends. I may hate flan, but I sure do love sharing meals with people I love.
  • Playing round after round of PIT after dinner. We played until we were delirious with trading. And I won.
  • Snowpocalypse 2010 and wondering when/if I will no longer be mesmerized and thrilled by watching the falling snow. It is my seventh winter here and I still can't pull myself away.
  • Tromping in the snow with Logan to the Brattle Theatre to watch Edward Scissorhands on the big screen. One of our favorite movies made even better.

That pretty much sums it up. Our Holidays were very happy. Thanks to all those who made them so.

No comments: