Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"It's too late to apologize, it's too late..."

Dear Soren:

On this your third birthday I'd like to apologize that for the last year I have blamed you for the disappearance of my 1/2 cup measuring cup. I made an interesting discovery this morning when I was making you chocolate chip pancakes for your birthday:


I've learned two things today:

1. As handy as it is to have you to blame for stuff, I have to admit that I'm probably much more likely to lose something than you are.
2. I should make pancakes way more often.

I think the fact that for a year I have been baking without my trusty 1/2 cup and have had to use my 1/4 cup twice instead is punishment enough.  Happy Birthday Son.


Soren had a great birthday and his official birthday post is on the way.

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

haha! i love discovering things i thought i lost. i also usually blame dan for what is missing.

Marian said...

The best is when you find money you hide away and then forgot about it!

AVail said...

We're currently blaming Ian for a missing TV remote. It will be interesting to see when and where it turns up. Hopefully not in pancake mix. :)

J I L L A I R E said...

If you ever have more cabinet space or a dishwasher, I highly recommend 2 sets of all measuring spoons and cups. I use mine enough that it's great to have back-ups. In fact, I have 3 sets of measuring spoons but am missing one Tbsp. I often need all 3!!