Saturday, August 27, 2011

Batten Down the Hatches



For those who have asked, we did survive the earthquake earlier this week. We didn't feel a thing, though many did in Boston/Cambridge. 

Now Hurricane Irene is on her way, looking to hit us with lots of rain and crazy winds.  We're not expecting anything too serious and are just planning to hunker down and enjoy a day inside. (Don't worry Mom, we have lots of water, food and a well stocked 72 hour kit just in case.) I went to 5 (FIVE!) stores this morning and at my last stop found what I believe to be the last four D batteries in East Cambridge.  I briefly considered standing in front of Target  (my first unsuccessful stop) and auctioning them off to the highest bidder. 

So, we're safe and sound and are well prepared should things start to get crazy. Thanks for your concerns.  Stay safe and dry, friends!

1 comment:

ellen said...

I'll buy those batteries from you! Name your price!