Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh Boy, I've Got Joy


Last week, Soren had his first day of Joy School. So far, so good. He's got a great little group of friends that I think is going to be a good fit. Two of our friends who are Joy School grads both went to MIT so I have high hopes for this group. 

Soren is so excited that he gets to go to school and I'm even more excited that most weeks I will get two mornings to do whatever I want. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

(For those who haven't heard of Joy School, it is a co-op preschool run by parents. Each of us will take turns teaching in our homes and drop of our children the other weeks. Pretty cool.)

6 comments:

Ammon said...

is joy school a mormon thing? Because I've run into a few mormon joy school grads (myself included) and I don't know that I've ever met anyone else who's ever ever heard of it.

Kate said...

Ammon: It was created by Mormons and I have also only heard of Mormons doing it, but it is not churchy or based on Mormon things. I'm sure lots of non Mormons do it.

Amberli said...

oh man...i'm so sad to miss out on the cambridge joy school goodness!

Amy said...

How fun! I have to admit I am a little sad that Carter is in real preschool this year and I don't get to come up with cute, creative little lessons for him and his little friends. I am sure you will have a great time with it!

Kate said...

Amberli: Las Vegas to Cambridge isn't THAT far to commute for preschool, right? Atticus would fit right in with these guys- we wish you could be part of it too.

J I L L A I R E said...

Just YESTERDAY I decided NOT to do Joy School with Gunnar! I just decided I couldn't commit to it right now with other craziness in my life. Plus, all the other moms (but one) don't have any other kiddos at home. Knowing Holly would be underfoot when I was trying to teach was stressing me out. I can't wait to hear how things go with your Joy School. I may join up later after I feel recovered from our crazy summer and know what my new "normal" schedule will be like.