Sunday, November 6, 2011

Objects in Photo Are Closer Than They Appear


They're ba-ack! The trains have not been running for several months but they started up yesterday. It's been eerily quiet lately, but I can finally sleep again now that the comforting rumble and screech we've grown to love is back. 

In other backyard news, the other day we saw a hawk tear apart and eat a rat while perched on the fence in our backyard. It was pretty crazy. Then 3 giant crows came and watched hoping to get in on the action. It's a jungle out there. 

(I did actually have to zoom out to take this photo from our kitchen window. You haven't lived until you've seen just how close those trains get to our house.)

3 comments:

ellen said...

When I first moved here I lived near the commuter rail in Medford and I loved the train sounds.

J I L L A I R E said...

Why weren't the trains running? Where did you catch a ride?

Kate said...

Jillaire: The trains stopped running in April while they renovated the stop before ours to make it handicap accessible with elevators. So they have been running shuttle buses for the last few stops.