Saturday, December 3, 2011

I did it!


On Thanksgiving I completed a four mile Turkey Trot and I am happy to report that I ran the whole thing. I have had a rocky relationship with running but this time around I was feeling much better about it and all my training runs were going really well. Going into the race, I just wanted to run the whole way and I did. It was the coldest day we'd had in weeks and I was slow and literally finished after children and people in turkey costumes, but I did it and am pretty proud. 


Logan and Soren proudly waited for me at the finish line. Logan's parents and brother were also there to cheer me on, which was pretty great. Thanks to my cheering squad for toughing out the cold.


My running companions Courtney and Gwen.


And fine, here's a more accurate representative of how much taller Courtney is than Gwen and me. I am really happy I did this, and hope to continue running. Though we'll see how long I last in the cold before I take it to the gym. I am not sure why it was easier this time around, but something clicked that didn't a year ago when I trained for a 10K. I wouldn't say I love running yet, but I don't hate it and that's a huge, huge step for me. 

3 comments:

logan said...

So proud of you Wifey. Glad we could be there with you. Keep up the good work.

Amy said...

Yay! Good work! Someday, we'll do that triathalon together.

Rachel. said...

I love this post, and I love your running companions. I am genuinely proud of all three of you. Running is hard, hard work, and I believe running slowly is more than okay. Probably because it is my pace too. (When I am brave enough to run, that is.)