Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life With a Miniature Teenager

When we were leaving the very quiet library today, Soren was pushing the stroller and was about to run into someone so I grabbed the top of his hood to stop him, which apparently pulled his hair a bit so he turned around and yelled “I HATE YOU!!!” at the top of his lungs. I’m sure you heard him if you were anywhere near the library today. 

When we got home, he drew this picture for me. The only help I gave was telling him how to spell “love”. When he gave it to me he said, “I made a card for someone that I love who is tall and has brown hair. Can you guess who is it?” If you can’t tell, that’s him and me. If you’re completely heartless, let me tell you that this is the sweetest picture in the world and as soon as I saw it I was planning to save it forever. Heart melted and angry library outburst forgotten. 
I came in the living room about 3 minutes later and saw my precious picture in pieces on the floor. Apparently he got frustrated when trying to add a heart above our heads “since that means that we love each other” and tore it up. I may have almost cried. Apparently we were both having a rough day. 

7 comments:

Lisa H. said...

your legs are pretty sexy in that picture.

Kate said...

Thanks Lisa. I've been working out.

ellen said...

That's so sweet. Get some tape, STAT!

Gwen said...

this is tender and hilarious! like a lisa h. story.

Amy said...

Not that I wanna laugh at your expense, but I'm laughing at your expense. So dramatic, so funny. As my momma always said, "it's just a phase" :)

Kate said...

Amy: I'm just hoping that it won't be a decade long "phase" but based on his parents, I think he's pretty much doomed. At least I can understand what he's going through, right?

Marian said...

Just remember, Kate, you aren't the meanest mother in the world. And we all know who is worse.