Sunday, October 28, 2012

5th Annual Donigard Halloween Party: The Costumes

Here it is folks, the moment you've all been waiting for. I present you with the amazing costumes from this year's Halloween party. As usual, the costumes did not disappoint and I am happy to report that Logan and I brought the trophy back home this year!
 
 

Logan and Kate
A Knight and Dragon
WINNER: BEST IN SHOW 


Gwen, last year's Best of Show winner, passing the trophy on to this year's winners


Gwen and Andrew
Plants vs. Zombies
WINNER: RUNNER UP BEST IN SHOW 


Amelia, Gus & Barry
Nurse, Doctor & Patient
WINNER: BEST GROUP COSTUME

 

Courtney
A Penny
WINNER: MOST CREATIVE COSTUME


Rhonda
Sue Sylvester from Glee
WINNER: MOST OBSCURE COSTUME

  
  
Leslie
Osama bin Laden
WINNER: FUNNIEST COSTUME


Christian & Laci
Bettlejuice & Lydia
WINNER: SCARIEST COSTUME


Dan, Lisa, Lars & Maud
Mastering the Art of French Cooking
WINNER: JUDGES PICK


Bonnie, Patrick & Owen
Mary Poppins, Bert & a penguin
(unfortunately, Evie didn't make an appearance since she went to bed early but also had an equally adorable penguin costume)


Marci & Adam
Daisy & Gatsby from The Great Gatsby


 Sharon, Seth & Leander
Beekeepers & Bee


Aubrey, Stuart & Charlotte
The Birds & the Bees


Rich
Lance Armstrong

  
Brian & Colleen
Kurt Cobain & Courtney Love


Celeste & Alex
Paper Doll & Scissors 


 Mariya & Zach
Witch & Soccer Player


And here are some of the cute kids (including Soren in his awesome Batman costume, complete with the utility belt I made for him) who happily played upstairs with our wonderful babysitters.
Thanks to everyone for getting so into the party every year. It truly warms my heart. Stay tuned for lots more photos of the party as well as more detailed shots of our costumes. 

9 comments:

Terese said...

So fun to see all the costumes!! I can't wait to see the party details. This is a highlight of the Halloween season! I wish I was around this year to watch you shop for odds and ends to make costumes complete. :)

Rachel Hunt said...

Kate, you are genuinely the best. Thank you from the deepest recesses of my heart for posting so fast.

I still dream of being there one year. Everyone's costumes were sooo good. (Just as I suspected.)

Kate said...

Terese: Thanks! I wish it would have worked for you to come when you still lived here! Your costume with your sister would have won for sure!

Rachel: You are very welcome. Hopefully one day you can come to experience it in person. As great as the photos are, they really just don't do it justice.

Terese said...

I have to keep coming back :) Aubrey's face in the Leslie photo is priceless!

Kate said...

Terese: Haha, I know. I was going to crop Gwen and Aubrey out of the shot but they made such cute awards girls in their accidentally coordinated costumes perched on each side that I left them in. And I also keep coming back to look at the costumes, and I was there to see them in person. They are all just so good!

mk said...

I love the costumes! I wish we'd been able to come last year!

Erica said...

Leslie sure loves those Arab men. Congrats on your Best in Show, it looks like you had stiff competition!

Linda Perkes said...

Nicely done! Your ability to imagine, design and create remarkable costumes is amazing.

Aubrey said...

I know, I just couldn't stop laughing.